Vetiver essential oil is extracted from the complex white root system of a grass called Tamil found in Indonesia.
- Botanical Name: Vetiveria zizanioides
- Country of Origin: Indonesia
- Extraction Method: Steam distillation
- Plant Part: Roots
- Aromatic Scent: Vetiver Essential Oil has an earthy, woody scent characteristic of most essential oils derived from roots in the earth which is also a rich masculine scent
- Blends well with: Bergamot, Clary Sage, Rose, Patchouli, Black Pepper, Myrrh, and Nutmeg
Vetiver Essential Oil stimulates deep relaxation and comfort. The oil is typically used in perfumes and aromatherapy. As the oil ages the smell improves. Dilute and apply topically in a 2-5% dilution (18-45 drops of oil to a 30ml bottle of a carrier oil).
In India and Sri Lanka, Vetiver Essential Oil is called the “oil of tranquility”. In India, a bundle of roots is thrown into water pots to add distinct scent and aroma the water. It is woven into mats in India and Sri Lanka.
3rd Party Testing