The Origanum majorana plant is a close relative to oregano, with a softer, sweeter taste and smell. Our marjoram essential oil is steam-distilled from the leaves and flowers of marjoram plants grown in Spain.
- Botanical Name: Origanum majorana
- Country of Origin: Spain
- Extraction Method: Steam distillation
- Plant Part: Leaves/Flowers
- Aromatic Scent: warm and spicy aroma, with a hint of nutmeg
- Blends well with: Orange, Lavender, Frankincense, Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, Basil, Thyme, Cypress, Chamomile, and Nutmeg
Marjoram is a sweet, warming essential oil, and is great for soothing away aches and soreness. Add a few drops to a bath or mix into a soothing sports muscle massage. Diffuse or apply topically in 2-5% dilution.
Marjoram Sweet Essential Oil was very popular and a common medicinal plant amongst the ancient Greeks. The name itself originates from a Greek word meaning “Joy of the Mountains”.
3rd Party Testing