The fruit of the Citrus latifolia is used in cuisine in multiple countries, where it is prized for its vibrant color and sharp flavor and scent profile. Our lime essential oil is cold pressed from limes grown in Mexico.
- Botanical Name: Citrus latifolia
- Country of Origin: Mexico
- Extraction Method: Cold expression
- Plant Part: Peel
- Aromatic Scent: crisp, sweet, fresh smell characteristic of citrus products
- Blends well with: Bergamot, Grapefruit, Lemon, Nutmeg, Neroli, ROse, Vetiver, and Ylang-ylang
Lime essential oil is one of the brightest citrus scents and has potent uplifting abilities. It acts as an astringent on skin, so can be used to decongest oily skin. Applied topically, lime can be phototoxic, so avoid direct sunlight for 24 hours after use. Diffuse or apply in 2-5% dilution.
Lime has been used historically to prevent sailors long at sea from developing scurvy.
3rd Party Testing