Laurus nobilis is a small shrub originating in the Mediterranean, where it is cultivated and grows in the wild. Its leaves were used to crown royalty and are a popular ingredient in cooking. Our laurel leaf essential oil is steam distilled from the leaves of the plant.
- Botanical Name: Laurus nobilis
- Country of Origin: Slovenia
- Extraction Method: Steam distillation
- Plant Part: Leaves
- Aromatic Scent: Fresh, strong but sweet, aromatic camphoraceous, somewhat spicy medicinal odor.
- Blends well with: Orange, Clary Sage, Cypress, and Juniper
Laurel leaf essential oil has a calming effect on the mind and can be used to increase awareness and confidence. Excellent also for increasing clarity in difficult situations. Diffuse for increased clarity of thought.
Laurel leaf essential oil has been known for thousands of years, but the use of its leaves as a household culinary herb is a comparatively recent one.
3rd Party Testing