*5ml and 15ml sizes available
Frankincense originally comes from the scraggly Boswellia carterii tree originally grown in the Middle East. Harvesters slash the bark of the tree, and, over time, a sticky resin oozes out of the tree. Our Somalian frankincense oil is steam-distilled from frankincense resin
- Botanical Name: Boswellia carterii
- Country of Origin: Somalia
- Extraction Method: Steam distillation
- Plant Part: Resin
- Aromatic Scent: Frankincense Essential Oil has a warm, pungent, sweet smell
- Blends well with: Basil, Bergamot, Cardamom, Cedarwood, Cinnamon Bark, Clary Sage, Geranium, and Ginger
Frankincense essential oil is used to rejuvenate and heal damaged skin. It is also commonly used to bring balance and peace through meditation. Apply topically in a 2-5% dilution, or diffuse for a deep, relaxing effect.
Frankincense is from the French word ‘Franc’ meaning ‘luxuriant’ or it could be ‘real incense’. Also known as Olibanum, Frankincense was used by the ancient Egyptians as an offering to the gods and as a rejuvenating face mask.